Thursday, July 05, 2007

Eight Random Things

OK, Sam, you asked for it...

1 - I started reading at age two. I haven't stopped yet, and it's probably the main reason why typos leap off the page and stab me in the head. Relentless practice.

2 - My hands occasionally shake uncontrollably. Calm or relaxed, without warning. They've been doing so for years. I have no idea why, and I don't want to know. Call it fear, call it stubbornness, call it both. Whatever.

3 - The second thing on this list makes me amazingly angry, because I feel that, if nothing else, I should be able to have at least some control over my own damn hands.

4 - I am starting year three in Arizona, and I still have not made any friends of any natives. I have not made the attempt. I have no desire to. After years of being the guy who heard "Thank god you're here!" from people he never met before, in different friggin' states, I'm enjoying the anonymity.

5 - I don't miss my hair. Really. Though I am a bit annoyed that grey hairs have started to sprout in my goatee.

6 - I saw a UFO when I was about 13. As far as I know, I have no implants. Again, I don't want to know.

7 - I am not religious by any means, but there was a time in my life when I went to church every day. (Only one person who reads this blog knows what the hell that means. Who's ready?)

8 - There was a time that I wanted to draw comic books. Mainly because it's as close as I'd ever get to having actual super powers. (Heroes is a good show. I was pleasantly surprised.) (Hiro.)

There you go, Sam. I'm not tagging anyone else, though. So there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"OMG! I can't believe you actually did it!" said she, eyes wide and mouth agape. I feel incredibly privileged just about now, even if I don't get the gist of #7...

Dzeni said...

Thanks for the random insight into what makes you, well, "you". I'm sorry about #2 and totally understand #3. Does #7 mean you were the Janitor / cleaner at a church for a while or something?? Or were you simply seeking? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Wontar said...

Sam and Dzeni - *sigh* OK, OK... As with many things in my life, the explanation is far more boring than my cryptic writings would lead you to believe. "Church" is short for "Churchill's", an establishment that used to serve beverages of the alcoholic variety. That was a surprising number of years ago, but it's a time of my life that I look back on fondly. (Which is a whole other story.)

Anonymous said...

I know why your hands shake little brother, your hands can't type fast enough to get all those wonderful, eclectic thoughts out of your huge cranium! BTW, grey hair in your goatee is only the begining...

Oliviah said...

Ah, you got tagged too! I was sooo glad that it only requesting 8 things. I always hoped I'd never get tagged but when I did, (after the blankness that is my mind cleared up) it was kind of fun. Made me remember some things. Remembering is good, particularly if the memories are pleasant. I really enjoyed reading what you wrote.