Saturday, June 12, 2004

Tomorrow is my last day here for a while. I'm off to Ogden, Utah, for two weeks. At least, that's the plan. Part of the plan also consisted of me spending part of those two weeks doing some exciting flowcharting and some other work-related stuff. I've already done that. Not that I'm one to throw a monkey wrench into the grand plan, but I'm not one who can work at a governmental speed. You need something done, you do it, and then you move on to the next thing. Don't sit and plan and plod over what the friggin font size is supposed to be. Do it. Just like the commercials say.

I know I'm going to be aggravated. I'm going to work with people who are in charge of automating processes through that "interweb" thingy, yet they know little to nothing about computers or the magical things they can do. With luck, I can use that to my advantage. Show them a little bit of what computers can do, show them that people exist within the organization who can do the things they want done, and show them that if they use the people they already have, they can save literally millions of dollars. And despite what you may be thinking as you read this, I don't mean me. Sure, I'd love to work for them and show off what I know. But I'm not the one who's best suited for the job, and I'm going to tell them who is.

Should be interesting. We'll see how it goes. I just hope it doesn't take the full two weeks...

No comments: