Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Friggin' hysterical. Someone from TIGTA was looking at Jerf's site for two hours. I can only assume they were looking at mine as well. TIGTA's purpose is to fight fraud, waste, and abuse at the IRS, yet they spend time looking at personal webpages on the taxpayer's dime? Can you say "irony"? Two hours on his site, I'll guess about the same for mine... that's half a work day spent. Gotta be at least a grade 9 doing it, too. That's just a guess, of course, but I think it's a safe one.

Well Mr./Ms. TIGTA person, I too hope you enjoyed your tour of our sites. And, if you think we're exaggerating or writing works of fiction... by all means, come on over and observe what goes on. We've got a couple hundred people who have no skills... none... to such an extent that other areas are actively avoiding hiring people from our department because they lack the ability to do something as simple as write a C letter. Grade 3s are supposed to be able to do that, and we've got 6s who think it's black magic. (And 7s, 9s, 10s, and 11s for that matter.) I've spent the last month designing an excel file that handles unit inventory because a) the employees can't count or add, b) the clerks can't count or add, and c) the night shift department manager enforces her own brand of "math" on an entire department.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Oh, but I shouldn't say anything. I'm bad, I forgot. I give evaluations that don't have 5s on them, so I'm Satan. How silly of me.

No comments: