Tuesday, January 25, 2005

We have a credit card that's affiliated with the Norwegian Cruise line. For every dollar used, you earn points towards a cruise. The card has a big ol' cruise ship on it. This information is important for what I'm about to tell you...

The other day, we had some routine maintenance done on the car. We used said credit card at the dealership. The cashier, whom we affectionately refer to as "toad girl" not only because of her wide mouth but because her eyes were placed squarely on her temples. With a deft flick of the tongue, toad girl took the credit card, looked at it, looked at me, and said: "Are you Norwegian?"

Forgetting for the moment that my friggin' name is on the card, that's one of the oddest questions anyone has ever asked me. I've been called many things, most of which are inanimate objects or popular topics in the cryptozoology chat rooms. "Norwegian" is definitely not the first thing most people think of when they see me. Then again, this is the first time someone with 360 degree vision has seen me, so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

No comments: