Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Brain Hurts

I have a headache. ("Headache" = stick a serrated blade into your temple so that the pain makes your eye want to close. Slowly, over the course of an hour, slice the knife around the circumference of your head in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion until you get back to the starting point. When you get back to the starting point, repeat.) They are far, far less common now, and for that I am very thankful. It's times like this that I realize that I had this feeling from the time I woke up to the time I drugged myself to sleep, every single day of the week except Saturday. I thought it was something I'd have to live with for the rest of my life. I am amazingly happy that I was wrong about that.

I can't sit and watch TV, because it hurts. Certainly can't lie down. The computer helps take me away from it. A mini out of body experience. Or an out of brain experience. Perhaps out of my mind experience, but it'd be too easy to argue that that's really no different for me.

2 comments:

Oliviah said...

It seems the days are rare that I don't have a headache. That was an excellent description of what a headache feels like--ouch. I like the way you write plus the fractals. Dang, I wish I could write like that! I am adding your link to my blog. Hope you don't mind.

Wontar said...

Oliviah - My headache cure was to leave my job and move to Arizona. While I recommend it, I know it can't be prescribed to everyone. I hope you find some sort of relief, as it's certainly no way to live.

Thanks for the link! I don't mind one bit, and I hope you don't mind me reciprocating.