Monday, April 03, 2006

Learned Man of Leisure

My father sent me a bunch of scans of old photographs today. I like this one for several reasons. First, it shows how disproportionately huge my head is. That probably explains my posture in the picture. Way, way too much effort expended in keeping gravity at bay.

Second, I'm reading. Don't be fooled by the pictures on the pages. There are words there, and I started reading words at age two. Luckily, my comprehension kept increasing as I got older.

Third, I'm wearing a stylin' robe. If I remember correctly, it had a little Winnie the Pooh on the breast pocket. Even then, I had discriminating tastes. All I really need to complete the outfit is a snifter of brandy. Or a snifter of Kool-Aid, I guess. And a bubble gum cigar.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

I was way into Winne the Pooh as well. Though it is embarrassing to admit now, I had all of the albums of Winne and Tigger "singing songs", too. :-)

Wontar said...

Don't feel bad. I had at least one of those records as well. I don't remember the name, but it had Winnie the Pooh touching his toes. Kiddie aerobics, Disney-style.