Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rose Canyon Lake - Three Great Nouns That Taste Great Together

At about 7,000 or so feet, there's a lake on Mt. Lemmon. Rose Canyon Lake. It's the kind of place my brother would call heaven. Not a big lake, but it's stocked with trout and is in a pine forest. For those of you who live in or near a pine forest, that's not a big deal. We have cactus forests, and the scent of pine trees really hits me as one of those things you never realized you would miss if you moved 2,500 miles away from a place where pine is more abundant.

In any case, we took some pictures of the lake. This shot was one of my attempts at capturing the reflected sunlight on the water. I seemed to have angled the camera up a bit too much, though, and pointed it at the sun. At least, I hope that's what made the lines on the image. Either that, or I caught a brief moment of flux in the Matrix. Take your pills, everybody!

The second image is just me playing around with image filters. I just thought it looked cool.

No comments: