Monday, July 25, 2005

It's Not The Heat, It's The Lack Of Pants

Since the long-awaited monsoon season is upon us, I've made an observation. I've heard, as I'm sure you have, the saying "it's not the heat, it's the humidity." Well, from the first time I heard that phrase, I laughed at it. I'm a person who got uncomfortably hot if the room was above 62 degrees. In my mind, no amount of moisture was going to change that.

And then I moved somewhere where the humidity was in the single digits to low teens.

As if by magic, I could now tolerate 80 and 90 degree weather. Even triple digits aren't so bad, as long as I've got my super-cool hat on.

Now, however, it's humid. As I write this, we have 64% humidity. Bleagh. It was literally 20 degrees cooler today than it's been in a while (88 instead of 108), and it felt ten times worse. (For the mathematically-minded, that's one unit of worse for every two degrees F.)

There are, however, positive aspects of this increased humidity...

Saw this out our front window this evening. Not bad.

No comments: