Tuesday, July 19, 2005

That's Not Love in the Air


Lightning, baby. Pretty cool stuff. (And, ok, this isn't the best animated gif ever. But it was taken with my digital camera shooting 60-second clip avi files. I'm surprised I got anything at all.)

The thunderstorms are forecast for the next 10 days, so I guess the overdue monsoon season is here. We'll try to get better lightning pictures without getting electrocuted. That's a line we don't want to cross. I'm also toying with the idea of setting up the webcam to just flat-out record the next one. Depends on how fast the storm is. This one was very powerful, but over in minutes. By the time we realized it was raining, got the cameras, looked outside... it had already pretty much gone away. Such is the power of a mountain/desert thunderstorm, I guess.

No comments: