Saturday, June 11, 2005

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum today. Holy. Cow. It's open until 10pm on Saturdays, so us arriving at 3:30 really wasn't that big of a deal. Great day. Low 90s, very breezy. But this "museum" isn't a museum in the traditional sense. It's part zoo, part botanical garden, part museum. We spent five hours there, and I could easily see how people could get there at 7:30am and stay until 10pm. I shot about three rolls of film. (Yes, I still use actual film.) Saw mountain lions, coyote, black bear, wolves, javelinas, a bajillion humming birds... I won't bore you with the list, but there were a lot of different types of animals. It's an extremely well-designed place. Lots of shade, drinking fountains scattered along the paths... I was amazed at how comfortable I was traipsing through the desert! (I've been known to traipse.) The museum is just on the other side of Tucson Mountain Park, which is near the Saguaro National Park. Roughly 15 minutes from where we live. Jealous?

You'll see some pictures up soon. Just a little too tired now to worry about it. Woke up and learned I sold two more pictures. Continue to color me happy.

No comments: