Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thanks for everything. From teaching me what little I know about cars (not from your lack of knowledge, but from my lack of aptitude for it). Thanks for not being outwardly disappointed that I never really picked up on the whole "car" thing. Thanks for the work ethic that has caused me to be admired by some and loathed by many (and that wasn't sarcasm. Those who don't want to do a decent day's work can bite me.) Thanks for having your words come out of my mouth more and more often as I get older. At this stage of the game, if I had found out something contrary to your words I'd be saying them by now. (So you were either right, or I've been successfully brainwashed.) Thanks for the temper that drives me, and the amazing ability for restraint and control. (Which has kept me out of prison more than a few times because it's kept me from breaking people in half.) (It's made my skin glow red and my blood pressure skyrocket from time to time, but it's an OK trade.)

I'm not going to run down a litany of things. Just know that I appreciate them, and you, and I'm glad you're my dad.

No comments: