Thursday, April 14, 2005

The sun'll come out...

Tomorrow is my last day as an IRS employee. I'd put up a countdown clock or something, but I've already got those for other, more important, things. (For those who get frightened by that statement, a countdown clock is a webpage that shows how many years/months/days/hours/minutes/seconds there are until a specific date. That's all. Get over yourselves.)

The grade 11 do-nothing on nights has started a TIGTA investigation against my wife. I guess the line of reasoning there is that if you jump up and down and point at someone else, you're diverting attention away from the fact that you've been in a grade 9 position for over two years and should have been downgraded by now, yet haven't? Keep telling yourself that.

When I first heard about this, I'll admit that my blood pressure skyrocketed and I felt my face flush red for the first time in a week and a half. But then my better half said simply: "We're done with them." And she's absolutely correct. The pettiness, bitterness, ignorance (extreme, mind-numbing, all-encompassing ignorance), will all be left behind. Let the do-nothings battle for supremacy and see who can waste the most taxpayer dollars. That's really an accomplishment. The worst part is that there are so many people competing for the top spot.

I can't wait until we're gone.

No comments: