Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cafe ImPressive

As anyone who has a cafepress store would do, we ordered some stuff from them. It all arrived today, and I have to say that we're really impressed. The image transfers on the shirts are excellent. I'll admit I was a little bit worried about the t-shirt images when I was first making the store, because my only frame of reference are those iron-on t-shirt things from the 70s. You know, the ones that just break and flake off? These are an entirely different world of quality. The colors are strong, and they look good. (I mean technical quality. I'm not being pompous.) The journal is also excellent. Blank pages inside, and the cover colors perfectly matched what I had on my screen. Last but not least, we got one tile and one tile box thing. Easily the best of the bunch, and that's saying a lot. The images look so freakin' good on the tiles! I don't skimp on color in my images. I go for rich colors, and I don't look back. Well, these tiles are just awesome! The colors really pop. My only negative is in the construction of the actual box. It's made of alderwood, whatever that is, and it just feels a little flimsy to me. But then, my knowledge of jewelry boxes is severely limited, so that may have a lot to do with it.

So, all in all, we're quite pleased. Didn't know what to expect quality-wise from cafepress, but now I'm glad to have stores there. (Sorry this whole thing just sounded like a commercial, but now I feel better about selling things after having seen them.)

On that note, here's another shot from last night. No inspired story, though it certainly deserves one.

1 comment:

Sam Woodfin said...

Nice shot! I love that little strip of red-orange tucked away in all that dark. I'm wodering how it would look at, say, 1024 x 768...