Thursday, August 04, 2005

If You Call in the Next Ten Minutes...

... we'll give you a free Pocket Fisherman! (No idea why you'd want to fish in your pockets, and I really don't want to know.)

Today was our first day of the STAR Trader stock market seminar thingy we purchased thanks to a late night infomercial. The parts that sucked were having to get up at 7am in order to get there on time, and having to take a sleeping pill in order to fall asleep in the first place. (Yeah, I know. Boo hoo.) The class was very informative. I'm impressed with it all so far, and we both feel we're getting our money's worth. Teach me how to read charts on a computer to make money? Where have you been all my life?!? I don't have to talk to anyone, never go near a phone, don't have to get up early, and I get rewarded based on how well I figure stuff out? I think I hear my calling calling.

It was also interesting to note yet another cultural difference. I've been in a large number of classes in NY, both as a student and as an instructor. This was the first time I have ever seen every single person come back from break and lunch on time if not early! Sure, you could argue that since the people actually paid to be there, they're not going to want to miss any of it. I would counter that since the people who were in the classes I taught paid taxes, they had paid to be there as well. (But that kind of logic never worked.)

Anyhoo, we've got two more days of learnin', which means two more days of alarm clocks.

Oh! Here's something that'll scare the people who know me... it was flippin' freezing in the classroom! Granted, I'm still not wearing pants, but it used to take a hell of a lot for me to get a chill. (Hypothermia for a normal person = chill for me) Either my blood has thinned out to a fine mist, or we were right under an A/C vent, but it actually felt good to go outside into the 90-ish weather! (Hmm... maybe I was abducted by aliens and replaced with a replicant. Stupid aliens could've at least made this body thinner. Or maybe some hair.)

No comments: